Monday, January 4, 2010

Angels and Demons

Well, I finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Being that I've read the other two Robert Langdon books, this was sort of more of the same. But it was nice to get some background knowledge of how this normal Harvard professor becomes something more akin to Indiana Jones, than an actually professor... hey, wasn't Indiana Jones also a professor?

All three of the books has a girl, and I liked this one a lot- more than the Da Vinci Code girl, but less than the Lost Symbol girl. It sort of bothers me that none of these girls last more than one book. They are smart, awesome people- why can't they be the sidekick for more than one story?

But anyway, the book was mostly a page turner (as it was designed to be) and I would probably read another one, if Dan Brown writes one.

Honestly, I feel like there's not much more to say about Angels and Demons. It was good. I wanted to continue reading. I found myself looking up the artwork so I could understand what Robert Langdon was babbling on about. Ultimately, I think all of those things are the mark of a highly readable book that many have obviously already devoured.

What's your take on these books? Who's your favorite girl sidekick? Let me know in the comments!

Currently reading: Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith
Books left: 49
Weeks left: 52

1 comment:

  1. I hate to say it....but I loathe Dan Brown. I think he's a lousy writer with a limited vocabulary who garnered attention because he writes "entertaining" books. Not unlike a certain Stephenie Meyer...

    I think that girl sidekicks bug me when they are used as more of a Bond-girl style character who only seems qualified to be in one book. That isn't teaching young women a darn thing about their value. Give me a woman who can endure!
    LOve, bluebells

    ReplyDelete